Sunday, May 16, 2010

Posse up! We're in effect!


For those of you that know me, you'll know the title of this post is something I've been saying for a long, long time. I can't say for sure, but I believe it goes back to my high school years when we were listening to a lot of Beastie Boys. Pretty sure it has something to do with this song.


The time is upon us where I can finally say that and have it mean something. In just two days, Red Dead Redemption releases, and honestly I haven't been this excited about a game in quite a while. How excited am I? So excited, I'm writing my first blog post ever for a game that doesn't have any reviews for it yet, at least not as I post this. I was fortunate enough to see an earlier build of it last year, and it looked amazing then. And I didn't get to see anything of the multiplayer. Everything I've read or seen since then gets me more and more excited.

Plus who doesn't want to be Clint Eastwood in any western he's ever been in? There have been attempts at it, but they either fell way short of expectations (Gun) or just didn't feel right (Call of Juarez). I just hope my cowboy comes with a cigar to chomp on and a pancho to wear.

If you haven't preorder it yet, you still have time to get a $20 gift card from Amazon, plus a golden guns weapon pack. Rather or not you get it there, just make sure you get it, Because on Tuesday, I'm startin' up a posse.
TL;DR-Rockstar+Open World Western=Posse on posse action.

8 comments:

  1. I should have mentioned this in the post, but you can play horseshoes. If we can play that in multiplayer, it is so on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I saw that in a video. I'm there. And we're making a drinking game out of it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Game Informer = Werewolf Informer.

    But IGN gave it a high score too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miles, my comment was not about the quality of the reviewer, but more to respond to NIN's comment about there not being any reviews out there yet. Or perhaps GI just shouldn't count, which I would be in favor of. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It doesn't matter now anyway. Metacritic is showing a 95 with 32 reviews. Not that it should be surprising. I mean, it's Rockstar. I spent 5 hours playing last night and hardly touched the main missions (although I suggest playing the 4 or 5 Bonnie missions it takes to get your lasso o you can get the Dastardly achievement).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll get back to Bonnie, as soon as I stop farting around in Blackwater. Bounty hunting, watching movies, winning at poker, buying a room above the saloon, shopping for weapons, going hunting and skinning animals, etc. etc. etc. It's not something I'm DYING to play, but when I get into it, I don't want to quit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you mean Armadillo...that's the first town. And yeah, I did alot of all of the above as well. Probably spent the majority of that 5 hours hunting...

    ReplyDelete