Tuesday, April 27, 2010

TL;DR Old Skool Video of the Week.

Tecmo Bowl Throwback releases today tomorrow Xbox Live Arcade for the not-so-low price of 800 M$ points, or ten dollars for the currency exchange-impaired. At five or seven bucks, I would have been all over this, but I'm going to wait for a demo before I go ahead and throw down. You can customize your team name and player names, so MAYBE I can just go ahead on and create Bo Jackson for the Raiders and do this:



I was a HUGE Bo Jackson fan growing up. However, being a Kansas City Chiefs fan, I hated the fact he played for the Raiders and pretty much blamed his downfall on them. As a Chiefs fan I got use to seeing Bo like runs against us last year. This game comes to mind.

3 comments:

  1. If you spent $15 on maps for a game you rarely play any more, you can spend $10 to download Tecmo Bowl. Dude. Online play. I just hope someone finds a way to upload rosters, perhaps with a memory card transfer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, Brandon Stokley admitted that his running parallel to the end zone on this play:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OneiEg7rm20#t=0m13s

    ... was inspired by video game football, in an attempt to leave less time on the clock. I don't care what team you cheer for, that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bo really made Marcus Allen look like a second class citizen in that game.

    ReplyDelete