Sunday, April 4, 2010

Don't Buy a Westinghouse HDTV. Because they are Pieces of SHIT. (oh, and Hai)

So this is a great way to introduce you to a new gaming site I've devised. There will mainly be posts regarding game reviews and what not, but hey, I may as well start out with a Public Service Announcement.


Don't buy one of these.
<---------------------

Someone wise once told me that you never go cheap on Peanuts and Toilet Paper. Well, you may want to add High Definition Televisions to the mix as well. Now, for some backstory:

Every man gamer values something called his "Man Cave". This is a sacred area (for the uninformed/ ignorant) where dudes go to get away from the ills of the world, the nagging wife, the whining kids, the gunshots outside, etc. Its the reason single guys have two bedroom apartments; the reason your newlywed husband calls the attic or basement as "their space" when getting a new home, you get the picture. Well any decent man area should have the following:
  • HDTV.
  • Mini Fridge.
  • Multiple video game consoles.
  • A few movie posters (preferably of cult classics).
  • Some sports memorabilia to prove that you are manly.
  • Surround sound.
Ok, so in constructing my Gaming area (in my attic), I pretty much have all those bases covered. (Sorry, no pics, not happening.) When it came time for an HDTV, I didn't have a lot of options, and when I priced around at Best Buy, I came across the Westinghouse Brand. I actually did a little research and no red flags popped up, so I thought I was good. For about a year or so, I was. However, one night, something strange happened. Instead of trying to describe it, here are a few videos that best describe my issues. Now, I've been looking far and wide for internet solutions and the best I hear is "wait it out, the screen will appear back to normal", or "LOLZ, you r teh sux. No bai warranty" and I just have to deal. I could go and contact Westinghouse directly, but when you go to their website...well click on their "Contact Us", link. DO IT.

So, instead of writing a letter, or trying to make a phone call, or do something that people used to do in the 80's, I'm taking my message to the internet, and letting you all know that when you're looking to construct the perfect fortress of solitude, just take my advice. It will save you the agony of trying to figure out how to buy a new TV to replace your old POS and somehow buy it so that the wife doesn't notice when the Credit Card bill comes, and also sneak it in the house and replace when the wife isn't home.

TL;DR - Read the title.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to be the first post. Or rather, should I say, 'FIRST!!1!'

    I also have a 'man cave' with all of the things you mentioned, although the beer fridge is unplugged. My TV is a Sony 1080i CRT that's about seven or eight years old, and still works. Westinghouse FALE.

    /Why So Attic?

    ReplyDelete