Wednesday, March 9, 2011

EA - Why are you so #$%& Stupid?

I am usually the "water off a duck's back" kind of guy... go with the flow... not prone to hate in general but dammit if the retarded customer service at EA didn't piss me ... at least enough to bitch about it publicly.

So I've been participating in the upcoming Darkspore Beta, which I'd planned on reviewing but now refuse to offer an opinion on. To hell with EA and their incompetence I'll not pander their wares. Sufficed to say I enjoyed the beta enough to preorder and to sweeten the deal EA sent out an email announcing that if you preorder Darkspore you get a free digital copy of Dragon Age. So Sweet! Or so I thought......

So I preordered Darkspore last night ~10:40pm CST... so even if these asshats are on eastern time I got my order in before midnight on the 8th.

I got an order confirmation at 10:47pm on the 8th confirming my order. I look it over the morning (the 9th) and notice that Dragon Age isn't mentioned anywhere in the order detail. I get on my EA account, no mention of it there either. Hmmm suspicious, but I figure maybe they won't offer the download until Darkspore is released. Not one to just let it lie I get on the EA site and decided to just confirm that the free copy of Dragon Age would eventually be forthcoming... Here is the chat which followed much to my dismay:

Corey: Hi, my name is Corey. How may I help you?
2374929329: Just inquiring about the Dragon age offer.. per my question
Corey: Please let me know
OK WTF Did I type in my long ass question when attempting to contact Customer Support if I'm just going to have to do it again... sigh, I trudge on.

2374929329: I'd preordered Darkspore which offered Dragon Age for free. the invoice made no mention of Dragon Age and I don't have it for Download so Just wanting ot be sure it will be made available to me (I assume whenever Darkspore is)
Corey: You pre-ordered from our EA store?
2374929329: yes
Corey: Please provide us the order number
2374929329: k looking it up
Corey: Sure, take your time
2374929329: #############
Corey: Hold on. Let me have a look
Corey: Please give me a few more minutes. Am still checking it

Christ WTF how hard is it to look up an order #

2374929329: k
Corey: Thank you for waiting
Corey: I have checked your order and found that the order is for DARKSPORE Limited Edition only
Corey: There is not additional offer of Dragon Age game with it

OK at this point I'm like, "WTF do you mean... ok maybe there was a mix up, lets see about correcting the order. "

2374929329: I followed the link on the EA page for the Dark Spore with Dragon Age offer. Can you correct my order then?
2374929329: Here is a link to the offer if that helps
2374929329: http://eastore.ea.com/store/ea/html/pbPage.darkspore-preorder?sourceid=eap1190&om_u=2327512480&om_i=_BNdrGOB8ZiKVB3
Corey: One moment please
Corey: I am so sorry for the misinformation. I have just confirmed again that the game Dragon Age doesn't come with the pre-order of Darkspore
2374929329: Why then does the website say that it does?
Corey: I sincerely regret any inconvenience caused due to this issue.

WTF? The game doesn't come with it... Not only did I get an email from your fucking store it was on your god damned front page last night you dillhole and you are acting like it never fucking existed! Lets press him further about the link which gives the offer details.


2374929329: The link I provided you is still active
Corey: I have re-checked the link and couldn't confirm any information that you mentioned

Seriously you have GOT to be fucking kidding me man! That link could not be any more fucking straight forward. Preorder Darkspore and get Dragon Age for free Offer ends 3/9. Are you hard of reading? Did you even click the link you jackass?! Lets regurgitate what the site says for him.

2374929329: Says Dragon age free if Darkspore is preorderedfore
2374929329: Offer was good until 3/9, i ordered on 3/8
2374929329: If EA isn't going to honor its own offer, please cancel my order.

Maybe if I get a little more haughty this'll spark something in this retard... maybe the threat of canceling my order will help... =)


Corey: Please accept my apologies. This is a misinformation. We do not offer any game with the pre-order of the Darkspore.

This is misinformation? So EA sends out an email for a special offer, also has said offer on their front page so this isn't a fucking limited to email offer, and I am somehow misinformed... by EA?

"PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE DEAL BEHIND THE CURTAIN!"


2374929329: Seriously. I received an email plain and simple that offered Dragon Age with Preorder of Darkspore... That link i gave you is where i was directed... it still shows the offer when i open it... Since there appears to be serious incompetence on the EA side.. Cancel my order.
2374929329: I've been participating in the beta, got that email

Maybe if I brag about being in the Beta I'll earn enough cred to turn this around... coupled with my threat to cancel the order again... sure its a longshot but what the hell.

Corey: Okay if that is what you want, then I will unwillingly do it for you.
2374929329: Not going to participate in a bait and switch.. please do so. thank you

You will unwillingly do so? Do you even realize how oxymoron-ical that fucking sounds? How can you use "Will and Unwilling" consecutively in a sentence you retard?

Needless to say at this point he did indeed find the willpower to cancel my order.

EA... Gratz on sucking! Perhaps that's why I haven't bought one of your games since Ultima Online... Rejects! Fucking Fail!

1 comment:

  1. And that's just their customer service. I've heard nothing but problems from people who have dealt with the actual EA Store download process.

    But Bad Company 2 is still the shit.

    ReplyDelete